Immersion probes are designed to be used with a water wedge or in an immersion tank when the test part is partially or wholly immersed. They are longitudinal wave probes that can be set up for refracted shear-wave inspections using a Rexolite wedge.
· Acoustic impedance matches water
· Design allows fitting on water wedges for easier coupling on many surfaces and an adjustable water path (when the part to be inspected cannot be immersed in a tank).
· Linear scanning allows coverage of 30 mm to 90 mm in one line, with very high accuracy.
· Corrosion-resistant stainless steel case
· Waterproof guaranteed up to 1 m (3.28 ft) under water
· Inspection of thin plate or tubing (steel, aluminum, or other)
· Composite inspection for delamination, disbonding, etc.
· Inline thickness gaging
· Automated scanning