Integrated wedge and code compliant probes combine the probe and the wedge in the same housing, offering the lowest-profile probe-and-wedge combination for contact angle beam inspection. Coupling is always good between probe and wedge interfaces, as there is no need for couplant between the probe and wedge.
These probes are used for manual weld inspection using 40° to 70° simultaneously in addition to manual inspection of stress-corrosion cracking and AWS and DGS code compliant applications.
· Probe and wedge in the same housing
· The lowest-profile probe-and-wedge combination for contact angle beam inspection
· Coupling always good between probe and wedge interfaces, no need for couplant between the probe and wedge
· Very small assembly for easy access in restricted areas
· Inspections of 30° to 70° in steel, SW or LW
· Easy to handle
· Probes with an internal wedge can be specially ordered to fit a specific curvature radius.
· Manual weld inspection of 6.35 mm to 19 mm (0.25 in. to 0.75 in.) thick surfaces (butt joints, corner joints, tee joints), using 40° to 70° simultaneously
· Manual inspection of stress-corrosion cracking
· AWS and DGS code compliant applications